Sunday, February 6, 2011

February 3 - February 6

Friday was my first night of work. I stayed in the camp with the CRIAS, the baby turtles! My job was to sit in the dark, for many hours, checking every 10minutes is any crias had hatched. When they did, and there is about 60 crias per nest, I had to put them in a bick bucket.
The volunteer working after me had to release them in the ocean!

We do not work on week-ends, so we have Saturday and Sunday nights free.

On Saturday, we went to Faro, a really nice beach nearby, hitchhiking! A lot of fun! It took us an hour and 3 different rides! The beach was really nice!
We also made a bondfire and slept "a la belle etoile" in the beach close to ours. We made some hotdogs and had grilled marshmallows! A lot of fun!

No specific plan on Sunday, just chilling at the camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment