Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January 30, 31 and February 1

After a flight from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado, a bus and a boat ride, we finally arrived in our Eco-tourism lodge in the middle of the amazon jungle!

The rooms are "special": there are only 3 walls! And the view from the "4th" one is the jungle! Thank god we have a mosquito net! There are no doors also! Our room "door" is a curtain!

We walked in the jungle and saw many kinds of animals - macaws, monkeys and mosquitos! Even with the liters and liters of mosquito repellent and my long sleeves and pants, the mosquitos still bite me! They seem to looooooove me! An impossible love story!

We went on a boat ride in a lake nearby and saw caimans, birds, a small snake and otters. We also fished piranhas (catch and release) ! Well, I did not catch one; they seem to have a good technique to eat the meat and go, but my friends did! I kissed one! :-)

After the jungle, we flew back to Lima! The end of beautiful trip in Peru!

I fly to Mexico City tomorrow and from there I take a billion buses to reach the turtle camp in Colola (until the 18th of February). The camp consists of 2 huts on the beach in the middle of nowhere! So don't expect lot of news!

Later alligators!

No comments:

Post a Comment